Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Artist Performance Raises Awareness to Animal Testing in Cosmetics



VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED
Lush Cosmetics is known for its natural ingredients that do not commission testing products on animal or humans.  In order to further promote their fight against animal testing, Jacqueline Traide put on a disturbing performance that gives its viewers a wake up call they won't forget.  In her performance she plays the role of an animal and is treated as one would be that is undergoing cosmetic testing.  I found this video hard to watch as imagining this happening to helpless animals makes me cringe.  The harsh realities of animal testing need to be exposed to the public and I believe if more of these performances were seen in more locations it would make a significant difference.

  If you would like to learn more about the fight against animal testing please visit http://www.fightinganimaltesting.com for more information.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, I love Lush and I love all they stand for. I have too many of their products.

    I didn't realize it'd get that intense with their demonstration. It was really hard to watch and it did send the message across that animal testing is cruel and wrong. It does, however, remind me of the point the professor made in lecture a long time ago about PETA and scare tactics. Is it wrong? I just believe it's a harsh reality that people need to be aware of. People constantly shun things that make them uncomfortable but I believe that in order to see literally anything in a new light and broaden perspectives, people need to be okay with feeling uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete