Thursday, June 4, 2015

Ted Talks

Hi all!
I just came across a really great Ted Talks episode and I thought that I would share it here. Since it is the last week of school I just wanted to finish off with a video that talks about our relationship with animals. Not only that, but I wanted to finish off with a video that talks about where our society stands in relation to animals. What laws do we have in place that concern animals? What are we doing to protect them?
Well, Leslie Bisgould does a fantastic job giving examples to help us better understand our relationship to animals, and how we haven't been treating them as equals, even though that is what we often consider them to be. This video definitely got me thinking about where animals stand in our legal and political system, and it made me think about my own personal relationship with animals.
I am linking the video below. Let me know what you all think! I thought her argument went well with what we've been discussing these past 10 weeks, and I can't believe how much I have learned overall!


No comments:

Post a Comment